- n. 头；脑袋
- n. (Pate)人名；(法、德、意)帕特；(英)佩特
1. paste (糨糊) => pate.
- paté: see paste
- pate (n.1)
- "top of the head," early 14c. (late 12c. in surnames), of unknown origin; perhaps a shortened form of Old French patene or Medieval Latin patena, both from Latin patina "pan, dish" (see pan (n.)).
- pate (n.2)
- "paste," 1706, from French pâté, from Old French paste, earlier pastée, from paste (see paste (n.)).
- 1. The sun beat down on his bald pate.
- 2. Professor Pate, the famous phrenologist.
- 3. The few strands of white hair at the back of his gourd - like pate also quivered.
来自汉英文学 - 散文英译
- 4. Objective : Goal discussion gland cystitis and pate delta region inflammation laser treatment.
- 目的: 探讨腺性膀胱炎及颈部三角区炎症的激光治疗.
- 5. He removed his hat to reveal a glowing Bald pate.
[ pate 造句 ]