CET4 TEM4 GRE CET6
1. com- "together" + pos- + -e.
2. 含义："put together, arrange, write" a work.
3. com- "intensive prefix" + pos- (paus-) + -e.
4. compose + -er => composer.
- composer (n.)
- "one who writes and arranges music," 1590s, agent noun from compose. Used in general sense of "one who combines into a whole" from 1640s, but the music sense remains the predominant one.
- 1. After his education, Goldschmidt became a pupil of the composer Franz Schreker.
- 2. Lewis emerges as a composer of distinction and sensitivity.
- 3. As a professional composer I owe much to Radio 3.
- 4. It was the fortieth anniversary of the death of the composer.
- 5. The manuscripts were written in the composer's own hand.
[ composer 造句 ]