- howitzer:  Czech houfnice denotes a ‘large catapult’ for hurling stones at the enemy. It was borrowed into German as houfenitz, and this made its way into English as howitz at the end of the 17th century. This had died out within a hundred years, but at around the same time English acquired howitzer, probably via Dutch houwitser, which has stood the test of time.
- howitzer (n.)
- 1680s, via Dutch houwitser (1660s), German Haubitze from Bohemian houfnice "a catapult," from houf "heap, crowd," a loan-word from Middle High German hufe "heap." Introduced to German during the Hussite wars, 14c.
- 1. Therefore, every country in the world is actively doing the research on digital light - duty Automatic Howitzer.
- 但是却难以满足现代战争的需要, 因而世界各国都在积极研制数字化、轻型化的自走火炮.
- 2. The final version, Ausf N, mounted a short 75 mm howitzer for use in infantry support.
- III号 坦克最后的版本-N型, 安装了短管的75毫米榴弹炮,用于步兵支援.
- 3. Cannon: Long - range artillery piece , as distinguished from other Big guns such as the howitzer or mortar.
- 火炮: 远射 程,加农炮、榴弹炮或迫击炮之通称.
- 4. A new method of the calculation of nature - fragment mass distribution for small diameter howitzer projectile.
[ howitzer 造句 ]