- pustule:  Despite the fact that pustules contain pus, there is no etymological connection between the two words. Pustule comes via Old French pustule from Latin pustula ‘blister’. This was a derivative of a prehistoric Indo-European base *pu- signifying ‘blow’, so etymologically it means ‘inflated area’.
- pustule (n.)
- late 14c., from Old French pustule (13c.) and directly from Latin pustula "blister, pimple," from PIE imitative root *pu- (1) "blow, swell," on notion of "inflated area" (cognates: Sanskrit pupphusah "lung," Greek physa "breath, blast, wind, bubble," Lithuanian puciu "to blow, swell," Old Church Slavonic puchati "to blow"). Compare emphysema. Related: Pustulant; pustular.
- 1. Long wine is pricked on schoolboy face, how is pustule treated?
- 男生脸上长酒刺, 脓包怎么治疗?
- 2. It's like a pustule , not reached a very crowded time.
- 这就像是一个脓包, 已经到了非挤不可的时候了.
- 3. A pustule caused by smallpox or a similar eruptive disease.
- 4. A small festering sore or ulcer ; a pustule.
- 脓''.'疤'. ''小的疮痛处、溃疡或脓疱.
- 5. Acne has four grades of severity, with increasing degrees of spread, inflammation , pustule formation, and scarring.
- 痤疮的严重程度可分为四等, 依扩散 、 发炎 、 生脓和炎性结疖的增加情况而区分.
[ pustule 造句 ]