- Pyrex (n.)
- 1915, proprietary name (Corning Glass Works, Corning, N.Y.), arbitrary coinage, in which eager etymologists see implications of Greek pyr "fire" and perhaps Latin rex "king;" but the prosaic inventors say it was based on pie (n.1), because pie dishes were among the first products made from it. The -r- is purely euphonious.
- 1. The luminaire shade adopts Pyrex glass with high light transmission.
- 2. Therefore, it is very important to research fining of Pyrex flat glass.
- 因此, 高硼硅平板玻璃的澄清研究具有十分重要的意义.
- 3. Spread out some lamb curry and sauce in the bottom of a Pyrex dish.
- 4. This listing is for six glass centrifuge bottles made of pyrex glass and manufactured by Wheaton.
- 5. The lamp shade adopts Pyrex with good light penetration and less penetration loss.
[ Pyrex 造句 ]