- n. 风景；风景画；景色；山水画；乡村风景画；地形
- vt. 对…做景观美化，给…做园林美化；从事庭园设计
- vi. 美化（环境等），使景色宜人；从事景观美化工作，做庭园设计师
CET4 TEM4 IELTS TOEFL CET6
1. scape 的同源词：scepter, shaft.
2. scepter: from Old French sceptre, from Latin sceptrum, from Greek skeptron "staff," from root of skeptesthai "to prop oneself." Cognate with Old English sceaft (see shaft).
- landscape (n.)
- c. 1600, "painting representing natural scenery," from Dutch landschap, from Middle Dutch landscap "region," from land "land" (see land) + -scap "-ship, condition" (see -ship). Originally introduced as a painters' term. Old English had cognate landscipe, and compare similarly formed Old High German lantscaf, German Landschaft, Old Norse landskapr. Meaning "tract of land with its distinguishing characteristics" is from 1886.
- landscape (v.)
- "to lay out lawns, gardens, etc., plant trees for the sake of beautification," by 1916, from landscape (n). Related: Landscaped; landscaping.
- 1. Wind turbines are large and noisy and they disfigure the landscape.
- 2. He was lost in the con-templation of the landscape for a while.
- 3. The Shropshire landscape was an influence on Owen too.
- 4. The Memorial seems almost ugly, dominating the landscape for miles around.
- 5. The landscape is broken only by a string of villages.
[ landscape 造句 ]