- adv. 零碎地；逐个地
- adj. 零碎的；逐渐的
- n. 片；块
- vt. 粉碎
- piecemeal: see meal
- piecemeal (adv.)
- c. 1300 (originally two words), from piece (n.) + Old English mælum "at a time," dative plural of mæl "appointed time, food served" (see meal (n.1)). The second element once was more commonly used, as in Old English styccemælum "bit by bit," gearmælum "year by year." One-word form from 15c.
- 1. It was built piecemeal over some 130 years.
- 2. a piecemeal approach to dealing with the problem
- 3. A lack of narrative drive leaves the reader with piecemeal vignettes.
- 4. Let's settle the matter at one stroke , not piecemeal.
- 把这事一气儿解决了吧, 别零敲碎打了.
- 5. Instead of the government's piecemeal approach, what is needed is a radical shake-up of 16-19 education.
[ piecemeal 造句 ]