- n. 中提琴，中提琴演奏者
- n. (Viola)人名；(俄、意、罗、匈、葡、塞、捷、瑞典)维奥拉；(西)比奥拉；(英)维奥拉，薇奥拉(女名)
1. from Italian viola, from Medieval Latin vitula "stringed instrument," perhaps from Vitula, Roman goddess of joy (see fiddle).
- viola (n.)
- "tenor violin," 1797, from Italian viola, from Old Provençal viola, from Medieval Latin vitula "stringed instrument," perhaps from Vitula, Roman goddess of joy (see fiddle), or from related Latin verb vitulari "to exult, be joyful." Viola da gamba "bass viol" (1724) is from Italian, literally "a viola for the leg" (i.e. to hold between the legs).
- fem. proper name, from Latin viola "the violet" (see violet).
- 1. A solitary viola plucks a lonely, soft F sharp.
- 2. She plays the violin, I mean the viola, really well.
- 她的小提琴, 我是指中提琴, 的确拉得很好.
- 3. The viola is a stringed instrument.
- 4. Viola returned to Orisono's palace, and related to her lord the ill success of the negotiation.
- 薇奥拉回到奥西诺的宫殿里去, 向主人报告她没有交涉成功.
- 5. I was wondering: Do you still have my music school viola there?
- 我想知道: 你那儿还留着我音乐学校的琴 吗 ?
[ viola 造句 ]