1、tract- + -ion.
来自拉丁语 trahere,拖，拉，使移动，词源同 drag,tract.-ct,过去分词格，-ion,表名词。引申词 义牵引，牵引力。
- traction (n.)
- early 15c., "a drawing or pulling" (originally the pulling of a dislocated limb to reposition it), from Medieval Latin tractionem (nominative tractio) "a drawing" (mid-13c.), noun of action from past participle stem of Latin trahere "to pull, draw" (see tract (n.1)). Sense of "rolling friction of a vehicle" first appears 1825. In modern medical care, "a sustained pull to a part of the body to hold fractured bones in position," 1885.
- 1. Is there an alternative to traction for a broken leg?
- 2. He spent six weeks in traction after he broke his leg.
- 3. We may continue the traction up to three weeks, until the fracture is healed.
- 我们可以继续牵引三周, 直到骨折痊愈为止.
- 4. Isabelle's legs were in traction for about two and a half weeks.
- 5. For traction to be effective, countertraction and friction are necessary.
- 要使牵引有效, 必须使用反牵引和摩擦力.
[ traction 造句 ]