- muskrat (n.)
- also musk-rat, 1610s, alteration (by association with musk and rat) of musquash, from Algonquian (probably Powhatan) muscascus, literally "it is red," so called for its colorings. From cognate Abenaki muskwessu comes variant form musquash (1620s).
- 1. Muskrat fur almost equals beaver fur in quality.
- 2. Muskrat Castle as the house has been facetiously named by some waggish officer - James Fenimore Cooper.
- ‘麝鼠城堡’这个名字是一些爱开玩笑的官员给这座房子取的滑稽名字 —— 詹姆士·菲里莫尔·库珀.
- 3. Muskrat Castle as the house has been facetiously named by some waggish officer.
[ muskrat 造句 ]