- n. 音节
- vt. 划分音节
- vi. 按音节发音；讲话
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
来自拉丁语 syllaba,音节，来自希腊语 syllabe,集中，音节，即多个音和字母合成一起，来自 syllambanein,集中，放在一起，来自 syl-,一起，lambanein,拿，带，词源同 lemma,epilepsy. 拼写受后缀-able 影响俗化。
- syllable:  A syllable is etymologically a ‘gathering together’ of letters. The word comes from Anglo-Norman sillable, an alteration of Old French sillabe, which went back via Latin syllaba to Greek sullabé ‘gathering, gathering together of letters, syllable’. This was a derivative of sullambánein ‘gather together’, hence ‘spell together’, a compound verb formed from the prefix sun- ‘together’ and lambánein ‘take, grasp’.
- syllable (n.)
- late 14c., from Anglo-French sillable, alteration of Old French silabe "syllable" (12c., Modern French syllabe), from Latin syllaba, from Greek syllabe "that which is held together; a syllable, several sounds or letters taken together," i.e. "a taking together" of letters; from syllambanein "take or put together, collect, gather," from assimilated form of syn- "together" (see syn-) + stem of lambanein "to take" (see analemma). The unetymological -le apparently is by analogy with participle and principle.
- 1. You put too much emphasis on the last syllable.
- 2. The stress is on the last syllable.
- 3. The stress on the last syllable is light.
- 4. Please accent the first syllable.
- 5. Accentuate the word " accent " on the first syllable.
- 在 “ accent ” 一词的第一个音节上加重音符号.
[ syllable 造句 ]