英 [treɪt; treɪ]
- n. 特性，特点；品质；少许
- n. (Trait)人名；(法)特雷
CET4 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、tract- => trait.
2、tract- =>portray => portrait.
来自中古法语 trait,线条，轮廓，特征，来自拉丁语 tractus,描绘，勾勒，来自 trahere,拖，拉， 使移动，词源同 drag,tract.引申词义人的特征，特点等。拼写比较 portrait,protract.
- trait: see trace
- trait (n.)
- late 15c., "shot, missiles;" later "a stroke in drawing, a short line" (1580s), from Middle French trait "line, stroke, feature, tract," from Latin tractus "drawing, drawing out, dragging, pulling," later "line drawn, feature," from past participle stem of trahere "to pull, draw" (see tract (n.1)). Sense of "particular feature, distinguishing quality" in English is first recorded 1752.
- 1. Aggression is by no means a male-only trait.
- 2. Creativity is a human trait.
- 3. A trait of character of Joe Patronil's was a white - hot.
- 4. This disorder is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait.
- 5. His dominant trait was to take all things into earnest consideration.
[ trait 造句 ]