- amorphous (adj.)
- "shapeless," 1731, from Modern Latin amorphus, from Greek amorphos "without form, shapeless, deformed," from a- "without" (see a- (3)) + morphe "form" (see Morpheus). Related: Amorphously; amorphousness.
- 1. an amorphous mass of cells with no identity at all
- 2. A dark, strangely amorphous shadow filled the room.
- 3. The starch - containing cells may also contain amorphous protein known as gluten.
- 4. Both amorphous and crystalline polymers can yield and be cold - drawn.
- 5. I really can't understand his amorphous ideas.
[ amorphous 造句 ]