- n. 温柏；柑橘
- n. (Quince)人名；(法)坎斯
一种梨形水果。来自古法语cooin,来自拉丁语cotoneum malum,来自希腊语kydonion malon, 产自Kydonia 的苹果。Kydonia 为古希腊克立特岛海港城市，malon,苹果，词源同melon.
- quince:  Etymologically, the quince is the ‘fruit from Khaniá’, a port on the northwest coast of Crete from which quinces were exported. In ancient times Khaniá was known as Cydonia (in Greek Kudónia), so the Greeks called the fruit mélon Kudónion ‘Cydonian apple’. Latin took the term over as cydōneum, later cotōneum, which passed into English via Old French cooin. The original English form of the word was quoyn, later quyn, but already by the early 14th century its plural quyns was coming to be regarded as a singular – whence modern English quince.
- quince (n.)
- early 14c., plural of quoyn, from Old French cooin (Modern French coing), from Vulgar Latin codoneum, from Latin cotoneum malum "quince fruit," probably a variant of cydonium malum, from Greek kydonion malon "apple of Kydonia" (modern Khania), ancient seaport city in Crete.
The plant is native to Persia, Anatolia, and Greece; the Greeks imported grafts for their native plants from a superior strain in Crete, hence the name. Kodu- also was the Lydian name for the fruit. Italian cotogno, German Quitte, etc. all are ultimately from the Greek word.
- 1. Pear trees are grafted on quince rootstocks.
- 2. Chinese flowering quince can treat oedema, beriberi, and ameliorable joint.
- 木瓜可治水肿 、 脚气病, 且可改善关节.
- 3. Is breast enhancement Chinese flowering quince useful to the person of middleaged above?
- 青木瓜丰胸对中年以上的人有用 吗 ?
- 4. Aroma: Very aromatic and expressive bouquet with quince and citrus fruits ( lemon ) aromas.
- 香味: 非常芬香的口味,并带有温柏花香味和柑桔柠檬水果味.
- 5. Marked notes of quince jam and creamy honeyed flavours enlivened by a good level of acidity.
[ quince 造句 ]