tri-, 三，-dent,牙齿，词源同 tooth,dentist.
- trident: see tooth
- trident (n.)
- "three-pointed spear," mid-15c., from Latin noun use of adjective tridentem (nominative tridens) "three-pronged, three-toothed," from tri- "three" (see tri-) + dens "tooth" (see tooth). As a type of U.S. nuclear-powered submarine, recorded from 1972. Related: Tridental.
- 1. Request position of the Trident.
- 2. Prudence cannot be at the expense of prestige when it comes to the Trident nuclear deterrent.
- 3. The war in the Mediterranean erupted again according to the Allied schedule soon after the TRIDENT conference.
- 4. Jones said he was taking the elevator to the hotel lobby Trident.
- 5. On the tip of Shiva's trident stands a city, which is Varanasi.
- 在湿婆三叉戟的尖顶上,矗立着一座城市, 它就是瓦拉纳西.
[ trident 造句 ]