- n. 两；二；一对
- adj. 一对的
- n. (Twain)人名；(英)特温
1、PIE root dwo-, dwi- "two, double" => two, twice, twain, twin, duo.
来自古英语 twegen,二，来自 Proto-Germanic*twa,二，来自 PIE*dwo,二，词源同 two.
- twain: see two
- Old English twegen "two" (masc. nominative and accusative), from Proto-Germanic *twa- "two" (see two). It corresponds to Old Frisian twene, Dutch twee, Old High German zwene, Danish tvende. The word outlasted the breakdown of gender in Middle English and survived as a secondary form of two, especially in cases where the numeral follows a noun. Its continuation into modern times was aided by its use in KJV and the Marriage Service, in poetry (where it is a useful rhyme word), and in oral use where it is necessary to be clear that two and not to or too is meant. In U.S. nautical use as "a depth of two fathoms" from 1799.
- 1. Mark Twain is a pseudonymity for Samuel Langhorne Clemens.
- 2. Capture from TWAIN source image, convert and print.
- 捕获的TWAIN源图像, 转换和打印.
- 3. TWAIN Driver: 25 MBFor other software, please refer to the Software Starter Guide in the box.
- TWAIN驱动程式: 25MB有关其他软件的说明, 请参阅包装盒内的软件入门指南.
- 4. East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet.
- 东是东, 西是西, 故而两者永远不相遇.
- 5. To my mind, Mark Twain was beyond question the large man of his time.
- 在我看来, 马克·吐温无疑是他那一时代中了不起的人物.
[ twain 造句 ]