- n. 防腐剂；预防法；防护层
- adj. 防腐的；有保存力的；有保护性的
- preservative (adj.)
- late 14c., from Old French preservatif and directly from Medieval Latin praeservativus, from stem of praeservare (see preserve (v.)). The noun is from early 15c., "a preservative medication;" sense of "chemical added to foods to keep them from rotting" is from 1875.
- 1. The wood is treated with preservative to prevent decay.
- 2. Make sure the panels are treated with a wood preservative.
- 3. New timber should be treated with a preservative.
- 4. Salt is a preservative for meat.
- 5. Though the panels come pre-treated, they needed a final sealing with two coats of preservative.
[ preservative 造句 ]