- hooky (n.)
- also hookey, in the truant sense, 1848, American English (New York City), from Dutch hoekje "hide and seek;" or else from hook it, attested since 14c. as "make off, run away," originally "depart, proceed."
- 1. Hooky, naturally, has to prove his machismo by going on the scariest rides twice.
- 2. Though he often plays hooky , he does well in study.
- 他经常逃学, 然而他的功课却很好.
- 3. Play hooky. I won't spill the beans.
- 逃避工作吧. 我不会告发.
- 4. The boy was whipped for playing hooky.
- 5. On the first warm spring day the boys played hooky to go swimming.
[ hooky 造句 ]