CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
de-, 向下，强调。-stin, 站，站立，词源同stand, institute. 即下一个立足点，目的的。
- destination (n.)
- 1590s, "act of appointing," from Latin destinationem (nominative destinatio) "purpose, design," from past participle stem of destinare "determine, appoint, choose, make firm or fast," from de- "completely, formally" (see de-) + -stinare (related to stare "to stand") from PIE *ste-no-, from root *sta- "to stand" (see stet). Modern sense (1787) is from place of destination, where one is "destined" to go.
- 1. His destination was Chobham Common, a long way from his Cotswold home.
- 2. St Lucia is still mercifully undeveloped as a tourist destination.
- 3. You can check your baggage right through to its final destination.
- 4. Life can be likened to a journey with an unknown destination.
- 5. To find out, make Christchurch your next vacation destination.
- 找找看, 明年的暑假新西兰基督城是你旅游的目标.
[ destination 造句 ]