TEM8 GRE TOEFL
- impersonate: see person
- impersonate (v.)
- 1620s, "to invest with a personality," from assimilated form of Latin in- "into, in" (see in- (2)) + persona "person." Sense of "to assume the person or character of" is first recorded 1715. Earlier in same sense was personate (1610s). Related: Impersonated; impersonating.
- 1. He was caught trying to impersonate a security guard.
- 2. Tom was a brilliant mimic who could impersonate most of the college staff.
- 3. He is an outstanding imitator and can impersonate all the well - known politicians.
- 4. He was caught trying to impersonate a military officer.
- 5. Can you think of any reason why someone would want to impersonate him?
- 对于为什么有人想要扮成他,你能想出什么原因 吗 ?
[ impersonate 造句 ]