1. 谐音“迪奥塞斯” --- 迪奥塞斯是中东地区古代迪奥塞斯王朝的建立者，这是米底王国的第一个奴隶制王朝，因为建立者的名字而得名。迪奥塞斯所管辖的领土就相当于一个主教教区。
2. diocese "district under a governor, internal administration".
3. house => h + ouse => ous- => oc- => di- (dia-) + oc- "house" + -ese => diocese.
来自希腊语dioikesis, 管理，dia-,穿过，整个的，oikos, 家，屋子，词源同villa, economy. 即一家之主，用于指主教辖区。
- diocese:  Etymologically, diocese means ‘administration’, and only gradually did the word become more concrete and specific, via ‘area administered, province’ to ‘ecclesiastical province’. It comes ultimately from Greek dioíkēsis, a derivative of dioikein ‘keep house’, hence ‘administer’; this was a compound verb formed from the intensive prefix dia- and oikein ‘inhabit’, which in turn was a derivative of oikos ‘house’ (a distant relative of the -wich, -wick ending in some British place-names).
Its ecclesiastical meaning developed in Greek, and came to the fore as the word passed via Latin dioecēsis and late Latin diocēsis into Old French diocise (source of English diocese). In English that has always been the only living sense of the word, although it has been used in historical contexts to refer to provinces of the Roman empire.
- diocese (n.)
- early 14c., from Old French diocese (13c., Modern French diocèse), from Late Latin diocesis "a governor's jurisdiction," later, "a bishop's jurisdiction," from Greek dioikesis "government, administration; province," originally "economy, housekeeping," from dioikein "control, govern, administer, manage a house," from dia- "thoroughly" (see dia-) + oikos "house" (see villa).
- 1. You heard about the diocese of Camden?
- 你听到关于卡姆登教区的事了 吗 ?
- 2. There had been various rumors the moment he arrived in the diocese.
- 3. The diocese of D ---- is a fatiguing one.
- 迪 涅 教区是个苦地方.
- 4. Along with its apostolic work, the diocese concerned the well - being the people of Hong Kong.
- 除了传道工作外, 香港教区还十分关心香港市民的福利.
- 5. He has also established church system, the establishment of diocese, Diocese of the SAR.
- 他还大力建立教会制度, 设立教区, 教区亦是行政区.
[ diocese 造句 ]