- n. 机密情报；内部消息；小道消息
- adj. 皮的；皮包骨的；紧身的；小气的
- n. (Skinny)人名；(纳米)斯金尼
- skinny (adj.)
- c. 1400, "resembling skin," from skin (n.) + -y (2). Meaning "lean, emaciated" is recorded from c. 1600. Of clothes, "tight-fitting" by 1970. In the noun sense of "the truth" it is World War II military slang, perhaps from the notion of the "naked" truth. Related: skinniness.
- 1. He set his skinny legs apart and threw back his shoulders.
- 2. You're too skinny — we'll have to fatten you up.
- 3. He was quite a skinny little boy.
- 4. She had stringy hair and skinny legs.
- 5. This book gives you the skinny on Hollywood.
[ skinny 造句 ]