CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
1. rob, rape, rip, rupture <====> bereave, corrupt, disrupt, robe, rout, route, rover, rubbish, rubble, rupture. 分裂而形成的路线，就像河流一样。
来自古法语 rute,路，小径，来自拉丁语 rupta via,开拓的路，来自 rupta,分开的，词源同 rip,rob,via, 路，词源同 way,trivia.引申词义路线，线路，途径等。
- route: see rut
- route (n.)
- early 13c., from Old French rute "road, way, path" (12c.), from Latin rupta (via) "(a road) opened by force," from rupta, fem. past participle of rumpere "to break" (see rupture (n.)). Sense of "fixed or regular course for carrying things" (as in mail route) is 1792, an extension of the meaning "customary path of animals" (early 15c.).
- route (v.)
- 1890, from route (n.). Related: Routed; routing.
- 1. The route that the boatmen choose varies according to the water level.
- 2. It was even marked on the map as a scenic route.
- 3. Tens of thousands lined the route from Dublin airport.
- 4. The route took us through scenery quite inaccessible to the motorist.
- 5. The cabdriver took them on a circuitous route to the police station.
[ route 造句 ]