- hogwash (n.)
- mid-15c., "slops fed to pigs," from hog (n.) + wash (n.). Extended to "cheap liquor" (1712) then to "inferior writing" (1773).
- 1. The government report about the murder was nothing but hogwash.
- 2. That's a bunch of hogwash.
- 3. Hogwash oil is collected and refined from eatery offal, and it always contains animal fat.
- 4. In this paper , UV - Vis spectra of oil, oil, sunflower oil and hogwash oil were studied.
- 研究了潲水油 、 花生油 、 调和油和葵花籽油的紫外可见光吸收光谱.
- 5. Oh, hogwash! I tell you, this cat is mocking us at every turn.
- 哦, 一派 胡言,我跟你说了, 这只猫一有机会就会取笑我们.
[ hogwash 造句 ]