- n. 活力；锐气，劲头
- vt. 激励；使充满活力，使精力充沛
- n. (Pep)人名；(英)佩普
- pep (n.)
- "vigor, energy," 1912, shortened form of pepper (n.), which was used in the figurative sense of "spirit, energy" from at least 1847. Pep rally is attested from 1945; pep talk from 1926. To pep (something) up is from 1925.
- 1. Powell spent the day giving pep talks to the troops.
- 2. The Democrats held a pep rally on Capitol Hill yesterday.
- 3. I gave him an extra dose of glucose to pep him up.
- 4. At this point nothing can pep him up.
- 5. He's full of pep in the morning.
[ pep 造句 ]