- vt. 叠，卷收；收拢
- vi. 收拢，卷起
- n. 卷起，折叠；卷起之物
1. curl <===> furl.
2. perhaps from firm + -lier "to bind" (from Latin ligare).
3. firm + curl => furl: 紧紧地卷起、卷牢.
4. fur + curl => furl: 皮卷起。
5. fold +curl => furl.
fur-,来自firm, 固定。-l, 缩写自lier, 词源同ligate, 绑定。用于指收帆，收拢。
- furl: see firm
- furl (v.)
- 1550s, of uncertain origin, possibly from Middle French ferler "to furl," from Old French ferliier "chain, tie up, lock away," perhaps from fer "firm" (from Latin firmus; see firm (adj.)) + -lier "to bind" (from Latin ligare). Also said to be a shortening of earlier furdle "to furl or fold." Related: Furled; furling. As a noun from 1640s.
- 1. An attempt was made to furl the headsail.
- 2. This umbrella doesn't furl neatly.
- 3. He was supposed to furl the side flaps in the morning.
- 4. Give it a neat furl.
- 5. The material receiving machine adopts furl mode, or case packing.
- 收料机构可才用卷收, 也可盒装.
[ furl 造句 ]