古希腊神话中人头马身神，其中以喀戎最为著名。词源有争议，可能来自于cent, 刺，见center. -taur, 牛，见Taurus，金牛座。
- centaur (n.)
- late 14c., from Latin centaurus, from Greek Kentauros, origin disputed. In early Greek literature they were a savage, horse-riding tribe from Thessaly; later they were monsters half horse, half man. The southern constellation of Centaurus is attested in English from 1550s but was known by that name to the Romans and known as a centaur to the Greeks. It has often been confused since classical times with Sagittarius.
- 1. His face reminded me somehow of a centaur.
- 2. 'stentor or centaur ,'tis no matter, " answered Gerald, unruffled by his error.
- " 不管它是什么,这没关系, " 杰拉尔德回答说, 对自己的错误毫不在意.
- 3. The eighth and ninth missions had Centaur boosting the spacecraft into an 80, 000 - kilometer deep - space orbit.
来自英汉非文学 - 科学史
- 4. Sagittarius , the centaur, merges beast and man a unique creature.
- 人马座, 希腊神话中的半人半马,是兽与人结合而成的独特生物.
- 5. No wonder he had soon been hustled away to centaur school.
[ centaur 造句 ]