- hellfire (n.)
- also hell fire, from Old English hellefyr, in which helle is the genitive case of hell. It translates Greek gehenna tou pyros, literally "fiery hell." Also used in Middle English for "erysipelas" (mid-15c.).
- 1. And there is the dread of the unknown, above all , the awful fear of hellfire.
- 而且还有对未知的恐惧; 尤其是对于炼狱的惧怕.
- 2. I would go through Hellfire if I could but get free from sin at last.
- 3. Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5 %.
- 4. The Hellfire fortifications surrounding the portal are beseiged by orcs.
- 5. They were a holy lot, with the emphasis on hellfire and damnation.
- 他们是一群虔诚的人, 强调地狱邪火和诅咒.
[ hellfire 造句 ]