- n. 红雀；朱顶雀
- n. (Linnet)人名；(英)琳内特
- linnet: see linen
- linnet (n.)
- small finch-like songbird, 1530s, from Middle French linette "grain of flax," diminutive of lin "flax," from Latin linum "linen" (see linen). Flaxseed forms much of the bird's diet. Old English name for the bird was linetwige, with second element perhaps meaning "pluck." This yielded Middle English and dialectal lintwhite.
- 1. The linnet chirps her vernal song.
- 2. When I was questioning Louise Beauchain in Linnet Doyle's cabin.
- 3. The linnet is a small brown songbird.
- 4. There midnight a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet's wings.
- 半夜里微光幽幽, 中午时紫光熠熠, 黄昏时刻红雀的羽翼四处拍打.
[ linnet 造句 ]