CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、com- "together" + mun- + -ity.
2、字面含义：people together to use or share services or duties. => make services or duties publicly. => literally "that which is common". => make common, share.
4、people together to use or share services or duties. => make services or duties publicly. => 大家一起使用、享用各种服务、职能。也就是使各种服务、职能公共化。或者说：people together have services or duties. => 大家共有的...
6、=> commun-: make common, share. 包括：share about information.
- community (n.)
- late 14c., from Old French comunité "community, commonness, everybody" (Modern French communauté), from Latin communitatem (nominative communitas) "community, society, fellowship, friendly intercourse; courtesy, condescension, affability," from communis "common, public, general, shared by all or many," (see common (adj.)). Latin communitatem "was merely a noun of quality ... meaning 'fellowship, community of relations or feelings,' but in med.L. it was, like universitas, used concretely in the sense of 'a body of fellows or fellow-townsmen' " [OED].
An Old English word for "community" was gemænscipe "community, fellowship, union, common ownership," from mæne "common, public, general," probably composed from the same PIE roots as communis. Community service as a criminal sentence is recorded from 1972, American English. Community college is recorded from 1959.
- 1. There has always been a difference between community radio and commercial radio.
- 2. News of 160 redundancies had sent tremors through the community.
- 3. He was now a teacher and a respectable member of the community.
- 4. The community's links with Syria date back to biblical times.
- 5. Why should a great community like a university be afraid of nihilism?
[ community 造句 ]