con-, 强调。-nub, 婚姻，词源同nubile, nuptial.
- connubial: see nubile
- connubial (adj.)
- 1650s, from Latin connubialis, variant of conubialis "pertaining to wedlock," from conubium "marriage," from com- "together" (see com-) + nubere "to wed" (see nuptial).
- 1. She had brought about danger to Edward's connubial happiness.
- 2. Hogan told me he had tasted the joys of connubial bliss.
- 3. Her absence had brought about danger to Edward's connubial happiness.
- 4. The desolateness overcame all his connubial fears - he called loudly for his wife and children.
- 这种荒凉的感觉压倒了他的一切惧内心理 ― ―他大声喊他的老婆和孩子.
- 5. Connubial: Relating to marriage or the married state; conjugal.
- 婚姻的: 与婚姻或婚姻状况有关的; 夫妻间的.
[ connubial 造句 ]