- n. 壁画
- n. (Fresco)人名；(英、意、西、葡)弗雷斯科
TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. fresh => fresco.
2. the Italian form gave English fresco , painting done on 'fresh' – that is, still wet – plaster, and alfresco , literally 'in the fresh air'.
3. in fresco, literally "in fresh," with a sense of "painted on fresh mortar or plaster," from Italian fresco "cool, fresh".
- fresco (n.)
- 1590s, in fresco, literally "in fresh," with a sense of "painted on fresh mortar or plaster," from Italian fresco "cool, fresh," as a noun "coolness, fresh air," from Old High German frisc, from Proto-Germanic *friskaz (see fresh (adj.1)). As a verb from 1849. Related: Frescoed. In 17c.-18c. it also could mean "coolness, shade."
- 1. Of course, pigment is not the only part of a fresco.
- 当然, 颜料还不是画面的全部.
- 2. And a large - scale fresco painting is chosen for the Pudong International Airport.
- 3. A fresco showing festivities of Tibet in the Potala Palace.
- 4. They are precious artworks integrated with technology, including ornaments and fresco paintings.
- 摆件、挂幅、壁画规格齐全,是融科技 、 艺术为一体的传世精品.
- 5. Part of a wall painting here, a bit of a fresco there.
- 墙上这一部分是油画, 那一小部分是壁画.
[ fresco 造句 ]