- n. 主旨，要点；依据
- n. (Gist)人名；(英)吉斯特
TEM4 IELTS GRE
1. 谐音"记死它". 助记法:考试(要点)一定要记死它.
来自拉丁文jacet, 躺，来自词根jac, 扔，投，掷，词源同project, jet. 引申义位于其中的关键，主旨。
- gist:  Cest action gist, literally ‘this action lies’, was an Old French expression denoting that a case was sustainable in law and could be proceeded with. English took over gist, which was the third person singular of the verb gésir ‘lie’, as a legal term meaning ‘grounds for action in a suit’. The more general modern meaning, ‘central point’, developed in the 19th century.
- gist (n.)
- 1711, "the real point" (of a law case, etc.), from Anglo-French legalese phrases such as cest action gist "this action lies," from Old French gist en "it consists in, it lies in," from gist (Modern French gît), third person singular present indicative of gésir "to lie," from Latin iacet "it lies," from iacere "to lie, rest," related to iacere "to throw" (see jet (v.)). Extended sense of "essence" first recorded 1823.
- 1. Can you give me the gist of this report?
- 你能告诉我这个报告的要点 吗 ?
- 2. Objective To analyze the X - ray diagnosis of gastrointestina 1 stromal tumor ( GIST ) .
- 目的分析胃肠道间质瘤的消化道造影的 X 线表现,以期提高对 GIST 的认识.
- 3. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors ( GIST ) are the most common mesenchymal neoplasms of the gastrointestinal tract.
- 胃肠间质瘤 ( GIST ) 是最常见的胃肠道恶性间质肿瘤.
- 4. The diagnostic measures of GIST include light microscopy, immunohistochemical staining, and electron microscopy.
- 诊断GIST的措施包括光镜 、 免疫组织化学 、 电镜检查.
- 5. He related the gist of his conversation to Naseby.
[ gist 造句 ]