- n. 义务警员；治安维持会成员
- n. (Vigilante)人名；(意)维吉兰特
- vigilante (n.)
- "member of a vigilance committee," 1856, American English, from Spanish vigilante, literally "watchman," from Latin vigilantem (nominative vigilans) "watchful, anxious, careful," from vigil (see vigil). Vigilant man in same sense is attested from 1824 in a Missouri context. Vigilance committees kept informal rough order on the U.S. frontier or in other places where official authority was imperfect.
- 1. Christian Slater has a new movie coming out next month in which he plays a vigilante.
- 2. The growth of such vigilante gangs has worried community leaders, police and politicians.
- 3. Where the psycho vigilante killer continues his daily strung out.
- 4. He had spearheaded an increasingly violent vigilante campaign against vice in Islamabad.
- 5. The subway vigilante in New York was in the media for weeks.
[ vigilante 造句 ]