3. cage => caj- + -ole => cajole.
4. cage + jail => cajole.
co-, 强调。-jole, 同jay, 松鸦，俚语义傻瓜。
- cajole (v.)
- 1640s, from French cajoler "to cajole, wheedle, coax," perhaps a blend of Middle French cageoler "to chatter like a jay" (16c., from gajole, southern diminutive of geai "jay;" see jay (n.)), and Old French gaioler "to cage, entice into a cage" (see jail (n.)). Related: Cajoled; cajoling.
- 1. " That's coffee candy to cajole children with,'said Hsin - mei , suddenly understanding.
- 辛楣 恍然大悟道: “ 这是哄小孩子的咖啡方糖——”
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 2. He would go to him - threaten, cajole, actually destroy him, if necessary.
- 他要去看他 —— 威胁 、 利诱 、 倘使需要的话, 就把他彻头彻尾地毁灭.
- 3. They tried to cajole their daughter out of marrying him.
- 4. Do you think you can cajole some money out of your father?
- 你认为你能从你父亲那里骗到一些钱 吗 ?
- 5. How can we cajole his father out of punishing him?
- 我们怎样才能说服他的父亲不惩罚他 呢 ?
[ cajole 造句 ]