- vt. 使…混合；使…联合；使…团结
- vi. 团结；联合；混合
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- unite: see union
- unite (v.)
- early 15c. (transitive), from Late Latin unitus, past participle of unire "to unite, make into one" (transitive), from Latin unus "one" (see one). Intransitive sense from 1610s. Related: United; uniting.
- 1. The two parties have been trying to unite since the New Year.
- 2. The fight against terrorism seemed to unite the nation.
- 3. We must unite the workers in fighting against inhuman conditions.
- 4. These nations are antipathetic ( al ) to each other and cannot unite.
- 5. Oceans don't so much divide the world as unite it.
[ unite 造句 ]