- adj. 假定的；被信以为真的；想象上的
- v. 假定（suppose的过去分词）
1. sup- "under" + pos- + -ed.
2. 字面含义：put or place under.
3. => assume as the basis of argument. => admit as possible, to believe to be true.
- supposed (adj.)
- "believed or thought to exist," 1580s, past participle adjective from suppose (v.); often with the -e- pronounced, to distinguish it from the passive past tense supposed, now common in the sense of "to have a duty or obligation" (1859).
- 1. The government, the executive and the judi-ciary are supposed to be separate.
- 2. And what is that pearl of wisdom supposed to mean?
- 3. They are supposed to be here at about half four.
- 4. "Is she supposed to work today?" — "Nope, tomorrow."
- 5. Women were not supposed to parade their ambition nakedly.
[ supposed 造句 ]