CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
un-, 一，词源同unit, -anim, 呼吸，词源同animal, animate.引申词义一致同意。
- unanimous:  Unanimous means etymologically ‘of a single mind’, hence ‘sharing the same opinion’. It comes from Latin ūnanimus ‘of one mind’, a compound adjective formed from ūnus ‘one’ and animus ‘mind, spirit’ (a relative of English animal, animate, etc).
=> animal, animate
- unanimous (adj.)
- 1610s, from Latin unanimus "of one mind, in union," from unus "one" (see one) + animus "mind" (see animus). Related: Unanimously.
- 1. Reviewers have been almost unanimous in their disparagement of this book.
- 2. They were unanimous that Chortlesby Manor must be preserved.
- 3. Their decision was unanimous.
- 4. The decision was not unanimous.
- 5. In the end, the decision to scrap the project was unanimous.
- 最后, 大家一致决定放弃这一项目.
[ unanimous 造句 ]