- n. 货物，船货
- n. (Cargo)人名；(英、西)卡戈
CET4 TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
2. cargo 【car+go,货物装好车就走】 货物
来自拉丁词carricare, 装载，词源同car, charge.
- cargo: see charge
- cargo (n.)
- 1650s, "freight loaded on a ship," from Spanish cargo "burden," from cargar "to load, impose taxes," from Late Latin carricare "to load on a cart" (see charge (v.)). South Pacific cargo cult is from 1949. Cargo pants attested from 1977.
- 1. Fire may have breached the cargo tanks and set the oil ablaze.
- 2. A fishing vessel and a cargo ship collided in rough seas.
- 3. He loaded his vessel with another cargo and set sail.
- 4. Ferries are very powerful and manoeuvrable compared to cargo ships.
- 5. The cargo was due to be offloaded in Singapore three days later.
[ cargo 造句 ]