1. enter- (inter-) + -tain + -er.
2. => keep or hold someone's mind among many different and interesting things.
=> keep or hold something like amusing or treat between / among people.
=> keep or hold something attractive or interesting among / in one's mind.
4. 类推：The original Old French version of enterprise was emprise.
5. => The original Old French version of entertain was *emtenir(*emtain).
7. enter- "in" => hold or keep one's mind in something, hold (in), keep (in), maintain (in).
- 1. Some have called him the greatest entertainer of the twentieth century.
- 2. The entertainer didn't fool us with his conjuring.
- 3. A number of well - known public characters were cleverly hit off by the entertainer.
- 4. He was a great entertainer but going insane.
- 5. The engagement of a well - known entertainer obviously gives the hotel an excellent promotional opportunity.
[ entertainer 造句 ]