- vt. 使康复；使恢复名誉；使恢复原状
- vi. 复兴；复权；恢复正常生活
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
- rehabilitate (v.)
- 1570s, "to bring back to a former condition after decay or damage," back-formation from rehabilitation and in part from Medieval Latin rehabilitatus, past participle of rehabilitare. Meaning "to restore one's reputation or character in the eyes of others" is from 1847. Related: Rehabilitated; rehabilitating.
- 1. We will plan to rehabilitate the run - down neighborhood.
- 2. There was no money to rehabilitate the tower.
- 3. He used exercise programmes to rehabilitate the patients.
- 4. Considerable efforts have been made to rehabilitate patients who have suffered in this way.
- 5. His candidacy has divided the party; while most have scorned him, others have sought to rehabilitate him.
[ rehabilitate 造句 ]