- n. 全体；总效果；全套服装；全套家具；合奏组
- adv. 同时
CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE TOEFL
1、en- "intensive prefix" + sembl- "gather, together" + -e.
2、含义：all the parts of a thing considered together.
3、as an adverb, "together, at the same time"; 受到 simul / simul- "at the same time" 的影响，然后变体而得，类似于：dissimulate => dissemble.
en-, 进入，使。-semble, 相同，同时，词源同same, assemble. 即多乐器同时演奏。
- ensemble: see similar
- ensemble (n.)
- 1703, "union of parts, parts of a thing taken together," from French ensemblée "all the parts of a thing considered together," from Late Latin insimul "at the same time," from in- intensive prefix + simul "at the same time," related to similis (see similar). Musical sense of "union of all parts in a performance" in English first attested 1844. Of women's dress and accessories, from 1927. Earlier in English as an adverb (mid-15c.), "together, at the same time."
- 1. Foote's most recent play, "Dividing the Estate," is an ensemble piece.
- 2. He has also formed an exciting ensemble from his dancers.
- 3. A black silk tie completed the ensemble.
- 4. We should consider the buildings as an ensemble.
- 5. He has mastered enough of the complexities of arrangement to write and score a piece for a chamber music ensemble.
[ ensemble 造句 ]