1. ef- "out" + fic- + -acy. 在这里取 out 的引申义：完成、结束(finish, end)之意。
2. meaning: 事情做完了，事情做结束了. => work out, accomplish.
3. => 引申为：事情做完、做结束后的效果。=> 效果、功效。
ef-, 向外。-fic, 做，词源同fact, effect.
- efficacy (n.)
- 1520s, from Latin efficacia "efficacy, efficiency," from efficax (genitive efficacis) "powerful, effectual, efficient," from stem of efficere "work out, accomplish" (see effect (n.)). Earlier in same sense was efficace (c. 1200), from Old French eficace (14c.), from Latin efficacia; also efficacite (early 15c.), from Latin efficacitatem.
- 1. Recent medical studies confirm the efficacy of a healthier lifestyle.
- 2. This plan would have some efficacy in preventing any danger.
- 3. The treatment has no efficacy in that disease.
- 4. Self - efficacy ( SE ) is being applied into computer use, which was defined as computer self - efficacy ( CSE ).
- 计算机 自我 效能感 ( computer self -efficacy, CSE ) 是自我效能感理论在计算机培训 、 计算机辅助技术使用等行为活动中的应用.
- 5. The most commonly cited reasons for stopping the treatment were lack of efficacy and side effects.
[ efficacy 造句 ]