- vt. 使温和；使缓和；使变柔软
- vi. 减轻；变柔和；变柔软
soft,软的，-en,使。 softener 软化器
- soften (v.)
- late 14c., "to mitigate, diminish" (transitive), from soft (adj.) + -en (1). Meaning "to make physically soft" is from 1520s; intransitive sense of "to become softer" is attested from 1610s. Soften up in military sense of "weaken defenses" is from 1940. Related: Softened; softening.
- 1. To soften a formal look, Caroline recommends ethnic blouses.
- 2. If they'd treated you well it was just to soften you up.
- 3. Livy felt herself soften towards Caroline.
- 4. She did not smile or soften her voice.
- 5. Fry the onions until they soften.
[ soften 造句 ]