- n. 事业；企业；保证；殡仪业
- v. 同意；担任；许诺（undertake的ing形式）
CET4 TOEFL CET6
1、under + take.
3、At here, the under is not the usual word meaning "beneath," but from Old English under, from PIE *enter- "between, among". 另见：understand.
4、undertake => 现在分词：undertaking.
- 1. He had no great hopes for the success of his undertaking.
- 2. His first essay in running a company was a notoriously tough undertaking.
- 3. This mammoth undertaking was completed in 18 months.
- 4. He is interested in buying the club as a commercial undertaking.
- 5. He has sunk half his fortune into a new business undertaking.
[ undertaking 造句 ]