- n. 分离；断绝；隔离；区别
- n. (Severance)人名；(英)塞弗伦斯
- severance (n.)
- early 15c., from Anglo-French, from Old French sevrance "separation, parting," from sevrer (see sever). Meaning "discharge from employment contract" is attested from 1941. Severance pay attested by 1942.
- 1. We were offered 13 weeks' severance pay.
- 2. the severance of diplomatic relations
- 3. Those laid off received their regular checks, plus vacation and severance pay.
- 那些被裁的人都收到他们应得的薪金, 再加上假期和解职的酬金.
- 4. Kirchofer was terminated, effective immediately -- without severance or warning.
- 科奇弗被解雇了, 立刻生效 -- 而且没有辞退费或者警告.
- 5. Find out about unemployment insurance, health insurance, pension benefits and severance pay.
- 看看有什么样的失业保险, 健康保险, 退休金福利以及遣散费.
[ severance 造句 ]