CET6 TEM8 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL
e-, 向外。-ject, 射，投掷，词源同jet, project.
- eject (v.)
- mid-15c., from Latin eiectus "thrown out," past participle of eicere "throw out, cast out, thrust out; drive into exile, expel, drive away," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + -icere, comb. form of iacere "to throw" (see jet (v.)). Related: Ejected; ejecting. Ejecta "matter thrown out by a volcano" is from 1851.
- 1. This safety invention will eject the pilot from a burning plane.
- 2. Some ants eject formic acid when irritated.
- 3. Officials used guard dogs to eject the protesters.
- 4. As the plane fell rapidly towards the ground, the pilot had to eject.
- 在飞机迅速落向地面时, 驾驶员只得弹射出来.
- 5. Plastic injection mould , coolant passages, eject pin and electrical heating holes.
- 塑胶射出模具?冷却水孔 、 射梢孔及电热孔.
[ eject 造句 ]