- adj. 人道主义的；博爱的；基督凡人论的
- n. 人道主义者；慈善家；博爱主义者；基督凡人论者
CET6 TEM4 TOEFL
- humanitarian (n.)
- 1794 (n.) in the theological sense "one who affirms the humanity of Christ but denies his pre-existence and divinity," from humanity + suffix from unitarian, etc.; see humanism. Meaning "philanthropist, one who advocates or practices human action to solve social problems" is from 1842, originally disparaging, with a suggestion of excess. As an adjective, by 1834.
- 1. Even as a humanitarian mission it has been only a qualified success.
- 2. He termed the war a humanitarian nightmare.
- 3. to provide humanitarian aid to the war zone
- 4. The British government has now suspended humanitarian aid to the area.
- 5. She has many humanitarian interests and contributes a lot to them.
[ humanitarian 造句 ]