- adj. 多年生的；常年的；四季不断的；常在的；反复的
- n. 多年生植物
IELTS GRE TOEFL
- perennial (adj.)
- 1640s, "evergreen," formed in English from Latin perennis "lasting through the year (or years)," from per- "through" (see per) + annus "year" (see annual). Botanical sense of "Remaining alive through a number of years" is attested from 1670s; figurative meaning of "enduring, permanent" is from 1750. Related: Perennially. For vowel change, see biennial. The noun meaning "a perennial plant" is from 1763.
- 1. A perennial is a plant that lives indefinitely.
- 2. the perennial problem of water shortage
- 3. I wonder at her perennial youthfulness.
- 4. There's a perennial shortage of teachers with science qualifications.
- 5. The novel's central theme is the perennial conflict between men and women.
[ perennial 造句 ]