con-, 强调。-di, 给予，词源同donate, date. 即放到一起调制而成的，调料。
- condiment: see recondite
- condiment (n.)
- early 15c., from Old French condiment (13c.), from Latin condimentum "spice, seasoning, sauce," from condire "to preserve, pickle, season," variant of condere "to put away, store," from com- "together" (see com-) + -dere comb. form meaning "to put, place," from dare "to give" (see date (n.1)).
- 1. It has long been a precious condiment.
- 2. When condiment bottles are not full and are coated at the neck.
- 3. Fish sauce is a traditional fermented condiment in coastal areas.
- 4. Friendship is not only the condiment but also the anodyne of life.
- 5. It has long been a precious condiment and food preservative.
[ condiment 造句 ]